Monday, August 22, 2011

Concerts, Artwork, and School

Hello fellow Elves, Dwarves, Hobbits, Ninja, and Other People. I hail to you from the land of the...well it would originally be something like Catan, but I'm not that epic. So I hail to you from sunny Canada. Or not so sunny as it is cloudy outside.

I have just spazzed to my hearts content because I learned that my family and I are going to a concert in late September. The concert is called MapleNoise 'cuz it is a Canadian tour only. I AM TOTALLY EXCITED!!!! There aren't many 'Canadian Only' tours that happen, so this makes this a really special tour.
But it's funny how this tour got started. Fans of Manafest kept telling Chris (Manafest) that his friend, who had sung in some of Mana's hits, HAD to come out and perform alongside him. Chris heard the cries of the fans and organized it so his friend could come on stage.
Well, that "friend" wasn't just some singer. It is Trevor McNevan of the band Thousand Foot Krutch, and FM Static. So since Trevor is pretty busy with his own two bands he never had enough time (not to mention vocal strength) to come on stage and perform his own band, and then Manafest's. But this time the people were heard and they decided to do it. But since they are both Canadian (and friends since way back) they made it a Canadian tour only, to which most American fans are most displeased. But I'm not trying to gloat this over you, I'm just REALLY excited.

And that leads me to the second topic. Artwork.
I have been up to my neck in artwork projects!! This past May, I entered into this huge art gallery-thingy (I can't give the real name otherwise it would give away my real home). Well, I entered in May, and had June, July and all of August to get my artwork completed for this September gallery, but I kind of left it till August to complete them all. My bad.
So I have to submit 10 pieces of art and display them over 2 days in September, in which I can sell them, get commissions, or just display them. I am excited for that, but I STILL have 3 pieces to complete, even though one is a theme piece that won't be at the art thingy, but will be displayed for a month at a ANOTHER gallery. Even though it is connected to this art thingy. Am I making any sense??!! If not than try the best you can ;)

And the third and final topic...School. We all love it, need it, but hate it (not literal; school is good)
But if you don't know what 'you' are doing for school it can be a real bummer. I'm still trying to decide if I'm going to a Christian school just down the road, or if I should stay homeschooled, or if I should do Online School with some classes in school. I really don't know, and I really don't know why I'm telling you guys this, but ok...

Anyhoo, this is a really random post because it is spur-of-the-moment, but I haven't blogged in a long while and I needed to do one. Thanks for reading this blabbah post.

Ah, and I see some of the readers have voted on my pole (yes, you think I never check them, but I do...)
And the results are...

If you could be an animal, what would you be?
Platapus: 1     
Manatee: 2       
Vinagroon: 1         
Stork!: 3   
Sloth: 3  
I have no idea what any of these animals are: 2 
                                                   

So the it is tie for a Stork!, and a Sloth. And that would probably be because nobody really likes the other ones. Hey, I would want to be a Manatee or Platapus...just saying ;)

Signed with a Black Hoodie - Leauphaun

3 comments:

Vrenith said...

Ooh! That's epic, Leauphaun!! :D :D :D Aww, I'm okay with just Canadians--GO CANADIANS!! I love Canadians, not to mention Canada... >_>

Ooh, lots of work. :P I just had a friend ask me to draw coverart for her in graphite, so I've got that to work on, I've started another horse drawing, still haven't finished the one of Beatrice (I need my teacher's help) and I'm going to start another one soon--this one is going to be a person. Big surprise! XD 'Tis David Tennant, the 'tenth' Doctor, or just the second Doctor in those seasons that I blogged about... >_> Not nearly as much as you have, but for me its hard. :) Still getting used to it all.

We still haven't started school... naughty us. We're homeschooled. :) We've started co-op, though... hope you figure out what school you're going to do/go to!

--Vrenith

Leauphaun said...

Ahhh, it's good to hear (or read) your 'voice' again, Vrenith ;D

GAAAAAAA I'VE GONE CRAZY GUESSING WHERE YOU GUYS HAVE GONE!!!! It's been over 2 weeks since you last commented, and I was begining to worry about you!!! But don't worry, I'm just gald to see that you haven't dropped of the earth =)

I know!!!! IT'S SO COOL!!! Oh, did I mention Eldra and I get to meet-and-greet with TFK and Manafest??? I don't think I did...(not bragging, just excited!!)

Hahaha, Canadians are cool, but Americans are also cool!! Both are cool!!

SWEET!!!! That sounds exciting!! What is the coverart going to be?
Great! Get art done, it helps with confidence. Plus it feels great :)
Really??!! *claps hands* WAY-OUT COOL!!!!!! I can't wait to see him completed!!!!!!!! Thats ok. You don't need to rush the drawings. Take your time and they will work out fantabulous!!
I've reached a point where I can just pump out artwork, I mean I've done 4 drawings (people) in 4 days which is VERY unusual for me to do, and 6 paintings in a weeks' worth of days. But thats because I'm on a deadline. I'm really rambeling...

Ah, school doesnt start until September 6th here in my city. At least that is what I can remember it starting on so we have a few more weeks left of summer. Thank you for the encouragement =D

- Leauphaun

Vrenith said...

I completely... disappeared. *wild hand motions*

Haha, sorry, forgot to reply to this.

And no, I don't think you mentioned that... ;) ;) ;)

Most likely it will be a horse... 'tis a book about horses. She loves horses, and luckyily she has one of her own. :)

I'm going to attempt to get a picture of him!! I hope he looks all right... >_> His coat, I realize, still needs a lot of work, but EMERGENCY!! I ran out of 2B lead, which is the only one I've learned to use properly... I'm gonna cry... >_> XD

Rambling is highly on call nowadays, so you're fine. ;)

Great! I can't wait to see all of these paintings and drawings... I know I've seen a few.

Actually, when I really work at it, I could do a drawing in a day and a half or less. I did three drawings during my art lessons--one took two days, just because I sort of dallied, and the second took less than half a day on one of the days, and till lunch on the next, and the third was started that day and then finished on my last. Beatrice was pretty close to having a few hours left, though...

Ooh, lucky you! I just started school... this week. :)