Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Waiting...Waiting...*GASPS*....

YES, FELLOW ELVES, DWARVES, NINJA AND OTHER PEOPLE. GASP!
(Am I the only one who, when reads all capitalized text, thinks of the words being shouted???)

IT IS FINALLY HERE.

WHAT IS IT, you ask.

IT. IS.

Popcorn?

NO,

Paper shredder?

NO!

IT
IS

My Wacom Tablet!!!!!!!!! Can anyone tell I'm excited?!?!?

Bom-ba-bom-bom-BOM!
(If you have seen TRON: Legacy, think of Kevin Flynn singing it)
Yes, my Wacom tablet had finally arrived!!!

I have been waiting for this for over a year now, and I finally decide to purchase it.
Backstory:
10 days ago I randomly checked Amazon.ca to see if this tablet was on sale. I sometimes check online stores to see if they have any products on sale. Well, Amazon had this on on sale. How much was reduced? Almost $200!! I almost fell out of my chair in surprise. Of course I bought it. Than came the 9 day wait. Today is the day it arrived, and I'm so excited!!!!!

Signed with a mousetrap - Leauphaun

8 comments:

Jake said...

O_o Speak up, I can't hear you! We can't tell if you're excited or not.

JK. ;)

Congrats!! :D Show us what it can do, soon!

Leauphaun said...

o_O Really??? REALLY?????? RRRREEEAAALLLYYY?????????!!!
jk :)

Hahaha, thak you! I will definitaly do that

- Leauphaun

Vrenith said...

CONGRATS!!! (can you hear me well enough? ;)

I don't know what a Wacom Tablet does, but i can't wait to find out! :D

--Vrenith

Leauphaun said...

WHA-Oh...*shepish grin* heh. Heh :) Thank you!!!!!

Oops, I didn't really explain what a tablet does, now did I?...

It is a device that you hook up to a computer through a USB port (the port that you attach your camera to).
'You' then draw, with the pen, on the lighter grey space like you would on a piece of paper. Only you look up at the screen as you draw. It's like digital pencil and paper.

And I'm working on something...

- Leauphaun

Vrenith said...

Haha, cool... I may have to get one of those. :) Does the 'drawing' from the pen look like pencil, pen, or just like a regular inkish stuff on the computer?

Sounds great. HAVE FUN!!

--Vrenith

Leauphaun said...

:) Thanks!

The 'drawing' all depends on what program you are using the tablet with. You can even NOT use any program, but use it instead of a mouse, but that would be a waste of money, cuz it's designed for drawing.
BUT as for drawing, programs like photoshop are designed for these tablets. Only it is way harder to 'draw' becaue the 'ink/pencil' on the screen isn't like real pencil. So it's quite the mental shift to use the tablet with 'ink' and a piece of paper with graphite.

They are pretty expensive. The one I got was a medium Tablet (the sizes go from S-XL) and it was $371 on sale. So it's more of an investment than a purchase. Not to discourage you, they are really fun and are totally worth the money paid!
But there are Bamboo Tablets (I have an Intuos4) that are smaller, but are way less expensive. You can get a pen tablet for $80.

Whew, I rambled didn't I?

=D - Leauphaun

Creative Artist said...

Rambling is fun, and fine. ^_^

Sounds epic. I hope someday I could buy one, though at the moment I can't because I've got a bunch of artist supplies I need for the art lessons. :) Thanks for explanation!

Most of all... HAVE ULTIMATE FUN!

--Vrenith

Leauphaun said...

=D
THANKS!!! :)

It is :)

Haha, traditional art supplies definitely come first!

- Leaupaun