Saturday, June 25, 2011

One Week Of No Blogging - Things Pile Up

Sorry y'all for not being around.
The day after my birthday (last Friday) something came up in our family and I, along with Eldra and Goose, got banned off of electronics for a week. I won't go into details but lets just say that it wasn't pretty.
All that aside I am back on and will not be absent any longer!

MANY things have happened in this past week. I'll go in order of the days.
Saturday: We went to my 'extended' family's house for their grandma's birthday party, in which there was way to much food. Cheese cake included. Hung out with a couple of my friends on their dock. Very amusing. Than went out for Vietnamese for my belated birthday supper.
Sunday: Fathers day. We went to my dads', mom and dad's place for Fathers Day lunch (home made pizza) along with my uncle and a friend of his. Oh yeah and my Grandpa.
Monday: It was hot. Really HOT, but instead of going to the beach we cleaned off our entire deck, which had acquired quite the collection of leaves/seeds from the trees in our backyard, not to mention dirt. We cleaned it all out in about 3 hours, than weeded for the remaining hours of the evening.
Tuesday: I don't really remember what happened. Honestly.
Wednesday: Didn't do anything terribly exciting, until our prayer group came over that evening.
Thursday: Went to the beach for the first time this year!!!! And it was COLD! I mean not even just the water, but the air was cold! My best friend (whom I have known since before I was born. Yes it can be possible) waded in the water and such. Our brothers, Goose and my friends brother, went all out in the water, but ended up getting frozen. They, instead, decided to dig out a small pool in the sand. No, a pool is the wrong word. A hot tub in the sand. The water, in comparison, was hot compared to the water in the lake. My friend and I both got burned because the air was still so cold that you could be laying in the sun but not get hot, because the air still gave you goose bumps. At least the burn had left and only added to my growing tan.
Friday: A really boring day. NOT! It has to have been the strangest day this year. First thing is My mom had a dream that ended up being reality. She had a dream, than when my dad turned on the radio/the computer, what she had dreamed was identical, to the note, what was being said that day! Talk about God talking to people!

The second thing.
Eldra, Goose and I had to go to the library. Not that unusual, eh? Well Goose and I were walking towards the entrance door; Eldra a little ways behind us. There were vehicles parked in front so we moved to go in between the vehicles. I was about three feet away from the back of a vehicle when this guy suddenly runs in the space between me and the vehicle. I had to stop suddenly or be run over. All three of us watch as this guy runs as fast as he can, weaving through cars. Thinking that it was weird, we get our stuff and leave the library. As we are driving past a gas station we notice a police car stopped in front of us waiting for the light to go green. There, at the gas station, is a guy in a red shirt handcuffed and standing beside two police men. The guy that ran in front of me must have been the manager, or something, of the station and that was why he ran so fast.
Ready to hear about the third thing?
So my brother went to a birthday party, in which they went swimming in the lake. My mom go to pick him up and as they are coming home they see this orange, two-toned Lamborghini Gallardo* sitting at this store. My dad and Goose, being super sport car junkies, have to stop and take a look. My dad started talking to the guy who own's it. Goose, admiring the car, is told by the owner to sit in it. "Ah, sorry, but I'm wet from swimming" he says but the owner insists. "Get in, get in, I'm cleaning the interior tomorrow anyway". So Goose gets to sit in this orange Lambo. The weird part? The guy acquired the car from a rich partial friend of his for...guess how much money? Well the average price range for a Gallardo* can be between $150,000, to $300,000.
This guy bought this for a toonie!!!!!! Two bucks is all it cost him to acquire this hot car. Well he had to put $10,000 into it after that, but still. 10,000 compared to 300,000 is quite the deal!

Talk about a weird day!

That is all I can blog for now, so TTFN

* Gallardo (Gee-are-dough) (G as in Geese)
Signed with a steak - Leauphaun

4 comments:

Jake said...

Wow. That was strange. o_O

CHEEEEEESE CAAAAAAAAKKEE!!!! (OO) *dies*

Vrenith said...

Cheese cake... is... THE BEST. :O :O No lie!!

Strange days. :) Especially the last one. XD Welcome back to the world of blogging and internet! I actually haven't been on that much, and still haven't blogged about Colorado, the farm, and my painting... *covers mouth* Whoops. I mentioned a painting, didn't I? ;)

--Vrenith

Leauphaun said...

@ Jake
Phhhhpt! You're telling me! It was reeeealy strange.

@ Vrenith
Isn't it?!?! WEIRD!
Thank yew, thank yew.
Hark! What was that about a painting? Or was it my ears playing tricks on me?... ;) jk
I can't wait to hea..er, see it. Them. Thing!
Ah, so where are we going? (In the famous lines of Pippen)

- Leauphaun

Creative Artist said...

And... the blog post is up. But no pictures... yet. The painting sits upon the mantle over the fireplace. :)

Ah, wait. You didn't hear nothin' about a painting. ;)

Hmm... I don't know. Maybe Africa? Antarctica? Europe? France? Somewhere?

Or maybe... Etint!! Yes, that's it. Etint. The land of... well, the Etint. And what are Etint? Well... they're... Etint. Or a better way to describe them is... they're Etint. They speak like... Etint.

--Vrenith (^And that was the Word Verification)