Monday, June 27, 2011

My Best Piece of Work Yet??? It Would Have Been

Hello Elves, Dwarves Other People and Ninja. I hail to you from the realm of Hockey.
For those of you who follow the wonderful sport, will know that Vancouver went to game 7 of the Stanley Cup Finals against Boston. Unfortunately they lost 4-0.
Before game 7 I had drawn Kevin Bieksa* in hopes that I could sell Vancouver artwork, since I am near the area. I decided to do a digital version of this drawing using the colors of the original picture.

My drawing
Original Picture (Copyright to Getty Images for this photo)
I took different screen-caps as I was going along so you can see my progress. Click on the pictures to make them bigger.

Stage 1 ^                                          Stage 2 ^

Stage 3 ^                                      Stage 4 ^

Stage 5 ^                                          Stage 6 ^

Stage 7 ^                                           Stage 8 ^

 Stage 9 ^                                          Stage 10 ^


Stage 11 ^ Completed, minus the facial hair (including eyebrows) and the detail in the jersey -little holes and lines that make the fabric breathable.
But as you can see it didn't work out quite as I had planed. Don't get me wrong, I love how it turned out but it just doesn't feel like Bieksa*. *Sighs* I would have been my best piece ever
Although I still have my favorite parts. His helmet is my second favorite part, but his ear. Oh, his ear, is my absolute favorite part!! Aka, Stage 6.
I used the eyedropper tool to acquire the color from the original picture, than used the paintbrush to paint the color on a clear layer that was overlaying my drawing. It was so that I had an outline to follow. Than every little color change I had to repeat the steps until I got all the colors in place. Than I smudged it and it was all good to go. It took me days to complete, but that is only working on it for a few hours a day.
* -  Bieksa (Bee-x-ah)
Signed with a Vuvuzeal - Leauphaun

4 comments:

James and Jacob said...

Wow! That is really good your right the ear looks almost real.

Creative Artist said...

It looks epic! I wouldn't be able to do it... I can't do anything digital.

--Vrenith

P.S. KEEP UP THE DRAWINGS!!!

Leauphaun said...

@ James and Jacob
Thank you :) I know! I got the right ear completed and I almost fell out of my chair! Lol. I thank thee :)

@ Vrenith
=D Thanks Vren!!!
I WILL!!!Thanks for the encouragement.
Speaking of....

- Leauphaun

Creative Artist said...

You're welcome. :)

*leans over to hear the last statement* ;)

I'll eagerly await any more drawings.
--Vrenith