Sunday, June 5, 2011

Fasting...Week 2

Hello Elves, Dwarves, other People and Ninja.
Some of you may be surprised to see me back a week early. Well I decided to cut the reading fast short 1 week because this next week is a Daniel Fast. For those of you who don't know what a Daniel fast is, it is a fast where you cut out Sweets, Treats and Meats. That means that you can only have rice, veggies, fruits and stuff like that. It isn't that hard. But I know it would be if I had to cut out reading, and since the reading part is optional I decided to stop that at 1 week.
So, what have I heard this past week, you wonder? Well I kind of wonder myself. My pastor said that on a fast you won't always hear Him 'loud and clear'. Sometimes almost nothing changes, it all depends. For me I think that God has led me to have more of a thirst for reading the Bible. That and also more of a love for Worship music. I wasn't really into worship, but now I will listen to it on my own time, not just in church. It's so calming and peaceful, worship music is.

But as for week 2 I am excited to seeing what the Holy Spirit has in store for me =)

I am back to blogging people!

Signed with a Sneed - Leauphaun

(sneed is from Dr. Seuss)

8 comments:

Vrenith said...

Welcome back!!

Worship music IS nice. We have a station that plays some worship music, but not many hymns. Are you referring to hymns or bands that play music that church's sing?

--Vrenith

Leauphaun said...

Thank you! =D
It's good to be back.

It is.
Both. But I like bands that do covers. But the hymn's are nice too.

- Leauphaun

Vrenith said...

:)

Both are great. :)

Hey, I just blogged on the private blog. Not a long post, but it should be good. :)

--Vrenith

Jake said...

Just wondering, for what reason are you going off meat, specifically? To be more clear: why are you going off meat instead of, say, beans? Any specific reason?

Leauphaun said...

Well, for the Daniel fast, having: meat, and fish, soups that contain meat, and diary products/eggs is what is specifically not to be eaten. Along with that, caffeine, pop, sugar, white flour/rice and butter is all off limits, so it's not just meat, it's other foods as well.
Or see in the Bible, Daniel 1:16-17, and 2 Cor 7:1.
Sorry if that is rambling...

- Leauphaun

Anonymous said...

Wow. It's almost like living gluten free... my sister's can't even have the salad at McDonald's because it has this stuff called vegetable protein that has gluten in it. :)

YOU CAN DO IT!!

--Vrenith

Leauphaun said...

Yeah, it almost is. Awww really? That's too bad :( I couldn't imagin not being able to eat thing that have gluten in it.

Thank you :D and YES I CAN!

- Leauphaun

Vrenith said...

Yah. No more Culvers! Which happens to be one of my favorite restaurants. XD

YES YOU CAN!!! And when you do... I HAVE THIS VIRTUAL PIE FOR YOU!! And make sure its pie, and not pi.

--Vrenith

Word Verification: Gravo. Change one letter and it's bravo! BRAVO, Leauphaun! Or change one other, and its gravy! Bravo, gravy! *frowns* If that makes any sense. XD