Monday, May 9, 2011

Mothers Day in the States

Hello Elves, Dwarves and other People!
I hail to you from a wonderful place called Canada. Why am I saying this? It's because for Mothers Day my family and I went down to the USA for dinner. Now that may sound like a pretty big thing to do for Mothers Day, but we only live about 2-3 hours away from the border so it isn't like we flew down or anything.
Let me just say that the States is WAY different than Canada. It's also very smiler in many ways. Like for instance, we have many of the same products.

The weirdest thing for me is to see that you can go into a store and buy a gun like you were buying socks. In Canada you need to sign a few hundred papers before you can get your gun permit (I'm exagerateing) Very interesting....
Something that is VERY different is that you can go into a grocery store and buy a bottle of wine. Here in Canada you can't do that. Most of the wine/beer is only to be bought in liquor stores. The weirdest thing that I saw was this type of ale called MOOSE DROOL. Who would drink beer called moose drool?!?! :/ :D lol I got a picture of it with my iPod camera


Another thing is chips. In Canada you have a selection of chips, but it is mostly all the same type of chips, the difference is mostly in the company who makes them. The usual is, Salt & Vinegar, BBQ, Lightly Salted, Sour Cream & Onion, Cheddar Cheese, Buffalo Wings and Ketchup. In the States you can get way more of a verity of chips like Pizza. Who has Pizza chips? Is it so that you can be eating a burger and have pizza and chips at the same time? :) I find that so interesting! I even got a picture of it


These next two things are really random. And slightly frightening...
First my mom picked up a flyer and it had Blue Bunny Ice Cream. I think that you USA people have it correct. It is one way to get back at the bunnys. Eat them all up! jk
The next thing is just SCARY! Are you ready for it?
It is WALKING BUNNYS! GAH! WALKING BUNNYS!!! BEWARE!

That is all...If you survived....

Signed with a sticky note - Leauphaun

7 comments:

Jake said...

You don't have pizza chips? Poor, poor Canadian... ;)

Leauphaun said...

Nope. I would like to try them
But we Canadian's have Ketchup chips and they're pretty good. Eldra doesnt think so, but they are.

- Leauphaun

Jake said...

*blegh* Even we in the US don't like that sort of stuff. :P At least, I speak for myself...

Chewing raw wheat is fun. *blink*

Leauphaun said...

Well they don't taste anything like ketchup, but still...:P

Raw wheat??..hmmm

lol, when I first read this I thought you said raw MEAT, and I'm thinking O_o O_O =O ok good. Raw wheat...

Vrenith said...

*points at bunnies* Do ya think they're rabbits in disguise?? *watches carefully*

Ha, ha. Yes, we eat raw meat as well. ;) Nah, actually, raw wheat is quite good. But I popped out a filling in my tooth, once, because it takes so long and its hard to chew... but its good!

Ah, pizza pringles/chips are okay... but Sour Cream and Onion outrules 'em all!

Sorry that I haven't been commenting on all your epic artwork. I have been... gone. O_o But anyways, KNOW THAT I'VE STILL LOOKED AT THEM ALL AND THINK THEY'RE AMAZING.

Word Verification: Orelize. Why not Oralize? You know, like oralizing things... maybe that means putting them into words?

--Vrenith

Leauphaun said...

Thats ok. I know how having the internet down can be a pain.

Thanks!!!!!!! =D

Oh I KNOW they're rabbits in disguise!

Oooooo, popped a filling?? WOW that must be hard to chew :) The way my dad cooks steak, you would think it was raw! (Nah, I'm just teasing he does a good job on steak) o_O

I just 'Oralized'

- Leauphaun

Creative Artist said...

Yeah...

I agree. *nods solemnly* We had a battle with them the other day--er, the turkeys did, I mean.

Yah. OW. And then every time I ate something sweet it stuck there and made it ache and hurt, just because it was sweet. :P

We had steak... the day before yesterday. :) My dad does it well, as well.

XD

--Vrenith

Erarm is my best friend. Erarm knew this one rabbit who was good, but then turned to the dark side because they had cookies. The rabbit liked cookies.
Oh, and that was my Word Verification. ;)