Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Way too many thing to blog about

Honestly, there ARE too many things to blog about
So many that I can't think of any :/ :)
Ok so the first thing is the TRON Legacy. I am REALLY into TRON right now, even though I haven't seen it yet, since I am waiting for it to come out on DVD before I watch it. Ya know, with the whole 3D thing...that is why I am waiting (I DON'T LIKE 3D)
My sister, Eldra, on the other hand, went and saw it in theaters with my dad and a friend and she reallllly liked it. That got me even more hyper about it and produced a scratch-art piece within a few hours. Unfortunately, the background was white instead of being green/blue/yellow/red. But I really liked how it turned out. That is why I am going to go to my local art store and get more of these scratch-art thingies.

I will do a drawing of Sam (the MC), Quorra, and possibly Gem, along with more lightcycles!I also need to draw more Star Wars/LOTR characters, so please tell me what you guys want
Going along with the TRON theme here, I bought the whole soundtrack of TRON. Done by Daft Punk, teaming up with Hans Zimmer and Harry Gregson-Williams for the score of the film. I think that this is my favorite soundtrack ever, next to Lord of the Rings.

On a whole different note, I whipped up these two dress for my sister's story

It is a tan brown dress (dark brown lining), with a type of flexible metal belt and arm bands. This is Eldra, so her hair is floor length and red. More of a casual dress

This dress is more formal.
Lightish blue, with dark blue triangles, and one dark blue sleeve (her left one)
The sleeves wrap around her arm and fasten to her fourth finger.
Her hair is done up in a bun (yes, I know, her hair would be way larger but Eldra is making it so that we can cheat and give her hairstyles that would never work with her floor length hair) Like her bun is what, 5-6 inches across? In reality, the bun would be MASSIVE!

Working on Adobe Photoshop Elements 9.0 has been a BLAST! The program has been so much fun with editing photos. My favorite feature is the Healing tool. What I does is....well I'll just show you.

Previous picture (with the snowboarder) (Copyright by Big White)

Using the Healing Tool (Copyright by Big White)

So what it does is you take the tool (basically a brush) click once, and outline the thing you want to remove. Fill that in, without letting the mouse go, then let go of the left mouse button. It then takes the surrounding area and fills in the space you selected to make it appear as if there was nothing there to begin with. Sometimes it doesn't work, and it gets really weird but most of the time it works really well.

On the snowboarding note, I entered into a snowboard design contest not that long ago. Here are my designs
My Fire design


And my Elk Design (inspired by a snowboard/hunter friend)

The contest is by Ride Snowboards. The contest is closed for entries but the judging isn't till later this month. The winners wont be announced till the beginning of February. The prizes are the coolest. The 1st place person will win $1000, plus their own design on a snowboard (yes they get to keep the snowboard). 2nd place will win $500 and a pair of Ride Bindings. 3rd place will win$300 and a pair of Ride Boots, and 4th place will win $200 and a Ride Jacket and Pant Combo. So even if I win 4th place, 200 dollars and a jacket-pant combo is really good.

Anyhoo that is all that I can think of blogging about so cya later
Signed with a smoking keyboard - Leauphaun

No comments: