Sunday, January 23, 2011

The Post Where Everything Happens

Yeah right....I have no idea what to blog about :/

No wait! I DO have something to blog about.

The Ride Snowboard Art Contest is ending tomorrow. The top 30 designs will be announced tomorrow!!! I am so excited to hear how my designs fared in the competition. For those of you that want to see my designs click here. Just scroll down to the bottom of the post to see the designs.

Another thing I have been doing is designing different outfits for Eldra's characters (see the same post as the snowboard design). If there is one thing I am really bad at drawing, it is full body pictures. I really cannot do them. Once I get the main concept than I have an easier time. But as for creating someone standing/leaning up against a wall is way over my head. That is why I use models.
I go to websites that have different articles of clothing on a model. Wedding dress websites are my favorite because of the style of pictures. The ones I went to (and got tons of material) was Bridal and Beyond, and Bella's Brides. The pictures there are pretty big and usually decent quality. They are bridal dress, yes (meaning a huge skirt that is hard to work with) but most are usuable

Switching from dresses to sports

Me, my younger brother, and my Dad went snowboarding this past Friday and I had a pretty nasty time.
First, I get to the top of my favorite run and find out that a major screw is missing from my bindings. I have to snowboard down this 8 minute run, buy a new screw in the rental shop, screw it back together, than meet my snowboard instructor for my last lesson. Luckily my teacher is a personal friend of mine and helped me out.
Than later on, my brother and I go on a run we haven't gone on before. Exciting...but not smart. I end up running right into a ice wall and smashed my knee. I got fed up with the run and exited onto a familiar trail. My brother decides to take me down this narrow tree trail that ends with this 2 foot jump. Yup. You can guess what happens. When I take the jump my board twists and I didn't have enough time to shift it back. I body slam - face first - into the hard packed run. I gave up on the day after that, coming home with a bruised hip & knee. And it is at times like that that make me wonder why I even go boarding....:) jk

Sticking with the sports theme here. Lets talk hockey. Talky Hock as one announcer once put it

With the All*Star game coming up I am disappointed that three major players wont be attending the game. Jarome Iginla from the Calgary Flames is out because of his family, Evgeni Malkin (Pittsburgh Penguins) is out with a injured knee/sinus infection, and Sidney Crosby (Pittsburgh Penguins) is out with lingering affects from his first concussion. The All*Star game has become the Most*Star game.


I haven't really been in an artsy mode recently, as you can tell from the lack of posting. I really haven't had any inspiration to do anything recently. No dogs, no cats, no horses, no people...just...nothing. I NEED INSPIRATION BADLY!!! :'( lol

That is all for now. Hopefully my next post will be more enjoyable

Signed with a mammoth - Leauphaun

No comments: