Wednesday, December 29, 2010

If you take out your anger on inanimate objects...

OW! That smarts!
Just as the title says, Do Not Take Out Your Anger On Inanimate Objects!

So yesterday and today my family (ok, just my brother and I) went snowboarding for the first, and second, time this snowboard season. It was great...no wait AWESOME! Except for the 30 mile-an-hour winds that came up. The winds actually BLEW you down the hill.
I am sore. Really sore. Sore like, it-hurts-to-laugh, sore. That's because I have snowboarded for a total of 7 or 8 hours. Think on that. ACTUALLY FLEW DOWN A HILL, STRAPPED ON A THIN BOARD. For 7 or 8 hours. Sigh..... it was lovely :)

Getting back to the point, the first run I did today was a tough one. The winds blew all the pow off of the runs. In other words there is nothing soft to land in when you bail (fall). So when you hit the run, it really hurts. I'm not a bad snowboarder. In fact I didn't bail at all yesterday. And that being the first day of my second season, I was really surprised with myself. So by the 3rd or 4th fall of my first run today, I was getting really fed up that I couldn't manage my board.

I was sitting in the snow, like a total newbie, I decided instead of saying something I would have regretted (as in taking it out on my brother, who was doing perfectly fine) I brought up my right hand, curled it into a fist, and slammed it down onto my board. Only I meant to hit it on the flat edge. Instead, I hit it right on the steel toe-edge. Where I hit myself has swollen into a dime sized lump, and hurts anytime I flex my hand.

So for those of you that want to take out your anger. Try headbanging on a wall. It may go over better than slamming your hand. AND IT WAS MY DRAWING HAND TOO!!!
*Sighs* Yes, you may have a cruel laugh at my expense. I'll laugh at this day eventually ;)

Signed with a licked candycane - Leauphaun

2 comments:

Eldra said...

I'm laughing already.

Leauphaun said...

Of course you would be! It didn't happen to you :) haha